CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The "Make-up" Present!

So, the night of Riley's accident, Shawn felt bad for him, so he went to Costco and bought him an enourmous swingset (kind of ironic, buying him a swingset, after he just fell off of one, don't you think?) It was a great idea, except it didn't come as a swingset, it came as five huge boxes of just lumber and hardware. Who knew you actually had to BUILD the swingset? We knew we were in trouble when we saw that it came with an instructional DVD on step-by-step building! Neither one of us is very handy, so this has been a project and a half. This is about how far we had come after a day and a half of working on it....I know...pretty pathetic! We are hoping to have it put together by summer!

2 comments:

Rachel McEwen said...

I am so jealous that you got that swingset. Your house will be the most popular house on the block. Everytime I pass by it as Costco I just want it. Have fun putting it together!

Kiesel Klan said...

yeah i bought that to put at my parents house and my dad hired his workers to put it together with five of them it took three nights of 5 hours. we still haven't sanded it or put the wood protectant on. have fun with that. but ethan loves it!